Food processor or as some people like to call it, ‘workhorse of the kitchen’ is a very useful piece of kitchen tool which helps you perform repetitive tasks a lot quicker and without much effort. Imagine laborious tasks like chopping vegetables, kneading dough or shredding a block of cheese, instead of doing these by hand the conventional way, use a food processor. Your food processor will perform these tasks for you in a matter of seconds with the click of just one button. With the assistance of a food processor, you will be able to save much of your time and energy spent in the kitchen. When you have such a useful appliance in your kitchen, you would naturally want to care for it to keep it functional and increase its life. Here are some tips you can follow to care for your best food processor and to keep it clean.
- Before adding an ingredient to the food processor bowl, be aware which food can and which cannot be used. For example some food processors especially those working on lower wattage cannot be used to knead dough or chop nuts. If you still add these ingredients to it, you are risking your food processor to burning of its motors.
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces before putting them in your food processor. This will ensure that the motor runs smoothly.
- For smooth running of the motors and for better results of your blending and chopping, it is important that you don’t fill the food processor to maximum capacity. Leave some empty space.
- If your food processor starts smelling bad, mix some baking soda in water and pour it in the food processor bowl. Leave it there for about 10 minutes before washing the bowl.
- You need to clean your food processor properly after each use. Take the food processor apart. Wash all the removable parts with warm water and mild dish soap.
- Do not soak the blades in water. Just wipe them clean to remove any moisture from then and any food stuck between the blades. Oiling them can enhance their functionality.
- Be careful with the base of your food processor because this is the area where its motor is. It must not be submerged in water. You will just have to wipe it with a damp cloth and then dry it. If you want to remove stubborn stains, wipe it with some mild dish soap.
- Once your food processor is clean. Dry it with a clean cloth and assemble it back together. If your food processor is not completely dry and you have assembled the parts you will be risking your food processor of bacterial growth.
With proper use of a food processor and taking good care of it, you can increase its life and keep its functionality up to mark.